Join Us - Board DirectorsThe Board is composed of a cross section of voluntary leaders living in the Bega Valley Shire
Become a Board Director
To express your interest in becoming a Board Director with the Mumbulla Community Foundation, please submit your resume and cover letter email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to discuss this further please contact the Chair – Mick Pryke on 0401988276 or send us a message through our contact form.
Are you passionate about philanthropy and making a positive impact in the Bega Valley? Mumbulla Community Foundation is looking for dedicated individuals to join our Board of Directors!
Organisation: Mumbulla Community Foundation
Location: Bega Valley Shire in Southeastern New South Wales
Position type: Volunteer
Why join our Board of Directors?
- Make a difference: As a Board Director, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our community. Your expertise and commitment will directly impact the lives of those in need.
- Philanthropic leadership: Join a team of like-minded individuals who are passionate about philanthropy and giving back. Collaborate with fellow Directors who share your dedication to community development.
- Strategic decision-making: Help guide our organisation’s strategic direction and grant allocation. Your input will shape how we address community needs effectively and efficiently.
- Networking opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of community leaders, businesses, and organisations who share your commitment to philanthropy and community betterment.
- Personal growth: Serving on our Board offers valuable leadership experience and personal growth opportunities. You’ll gain insights into nonprofit governance, fundraising, and community development.
About Mumbulla Community Foundation
Mumbulla Community Foundation is a philanthropic organisation dedicated to community building in the Bega Valley of New South Wales. Through donations, grants, and community partnerships, we support local initiatives that address community needs and promote positive change. Our organisation is committed to fostering a stronger, more vibrant community.
Mumbulla Community Foundation and our associated Trust are regulated by ACNC.
Mumbulla Community Foundation is seeking passionate and dedicated individuals to join our Board of Directors. Board Directors play a crucial role in guiding the organisation’s strategic direction, ensuring sound governance, and actively participating in fundraising and grant allocation efforts. This position offers an opportunity to make a meaningful impact in the community, collaborate with fellow philanthropic leaders, and contribute to the Foundation’s mission.
- Strategic leadership: Provide input and guidance on the Foundation’s strategic priorities, goals, and initiatives to advance community well-being.
- Governance: Actively participate in board meetings, discussions, and decision-making processes. Ensure the organisation’s compliance with legal and ethical standards.
- Fundraising: Support fundraising efforts, including donor cultivation, grant writing, and participation in fundraising events to secure resources for community projects.
- Grant allocation: Review grant applications, assess project proposals, and make informed decisions regarding the distribution of funds to support community initiatives.
- Community engagement: Foster positive relationships with local stakeholders, community organisations, and donors to enhance the Foundation’s impact and reach.
- Advocacy: Advocate for the Foundation’s mission and the importance of philanthropy in the community.
- Financial oversight: Assist in monitoring the organisation’s financial health and ensure the responsible use of resources.
- A commitment to the values and mission of the Mumbulla Community Foundation.
- Background or strong interest in philanthropy, community development, donations, and grants.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- We have a particular need for a director to take on the role of Treasurer; other skills in social media & marketing, fundraising and community & donor engagement would be highly valuable.
- Previous board or nonprofit experience is preferred but not required. If you are enthusiastic about making a difference, we encourage you to apply.
Board Directors are expected to attend regular board meetings (typically monthly) and committee meetings as needed, and actively engage in Foundation activities. The estimated time commitment may vary but is approximately 5-10 hours per month.
Term of service
Board Directors are appointed for a three-year term, with the possibility of renewal and maximum tenure of three consecutive terms.
How to apply
To express your interest in becoming a Board Director with the Mumbulla Community Foundation, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications, passion for philanthropy, and vision for community development. Email your application to email@example.com
Join us in making a difference in Bega Valley through philanthropy and community empowerment. Be a part of our dedicated team and help shape a brighter future for our community. Apply today!
Image by Chris Sheedy